Halcyon Baptist Church exists to make disciples of Christ who:
We believe that a deeper understanding of life, its purpose and its meaning come through these three intertwined paths and that love is not primarily a feeling, but rather is primarily demonstrated by unselfish deeds and behavior.
We have given a brief summary here of the key issues for us.
At Halcyon Baptist Church we believe:
1. That the local church was established by God to form a Community that aggressively lives out and seeks to expand the Kingdom of God on earth through the rule of Love as demonstrated by Jesus Himself.
2. That Jesus Christ literally died for our sins and rose bodily from the dead as atonement on our behalf before His Holy Father and that a personal relationship with Him is the only way to God (John 14:6).
3. That there is only One God. He exists in three persons: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit's empowerment and filling should be continually sought through walking in right relationship with God.
4. That God Himself entered history as a man, while remaining completely God. That man was Jesus Christ, born a Jew of the line of David, born of a virgin, and fulfilling all of the hundreds of prophecies concerning Him found in the scripture.
5. That Scripture is without error in its original manuscripts. That Scripture is God’s holy word making it authoritative and powerful in men and women’s lives.
6. That Marriage is between one man and one woman and that we will refuse to perform or even to recognize any other form of marriage as defined by a fallen world.
Our denomination has prepared a statement of generally held convictions called The Baptist Faith and Message. It serves as a guide to understanding who we are.